ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform sales activities of designated region.
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Represent the Company to customers
and prospects in a specified marketing area or with a specified
list of accounts.
- Call on customers, negotiate and
close deals, and takes orders for products.
- Introduce new items in the
Company lines; demonstrate features and uses; and answer questions
regarding product applications. May also be asked to assis in
the depletion of overstocked and nonstocked inventories.
- Analyze and organize sales
calls and other daily activities to accomplish the most economic
and systematic order of rotation.
- Make good use of samples, brochures and
sales literature when dealing with customers.
- Consistently prospect for new
- May make customer calls with vendor representative
in introducing and selling new products and product lines.
- Communicate to appropriate
internal personnel information on competitors activities, new
products, possible sales leads, and appropriate stocking levels
- Consistently strive for continuous improvement
in the areas of selling skills and product knowledge.
- Submit call reports, expense
reports and other reports as required.
- Use electronic data information
to assist with sales.
- Maintain good business relations with customers
by consistent contact, which may include entertainment.
- May assist Regional Sales Manager
and Branch Managers in orienting and training new sales personnel,
making field calls and/or giving instructions.
- Attendance and participation
is required at all sales functions including, but not limited
to, Branch and Regional product knowledge meetings, ORCO night
schools, vendor BBQ's, and ride-alongs.
- Provide assistance with counter
sales as required.
- Provide assistance to Credit Dept. by obtaining
necessary information for the collection of accounts
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Industry/product knowledge
- Minimum of one (1) outside sales
experience; preferably within industry.
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to take direction from superiors
yet remain creative and assertive in sales approach while staying
within the confines of ORCO's policies and procedures.
- Excellent time and project management
- Good reasoning ability and math aptitude.
- Maintain clean DMV record.
- Maintain a neat and professional attire.
- Bi lingual (English / Spanish).
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two (2)-year college or technical school; or six (6) months to one (1) year related experience and/or training.
- Willing and able to drive vehicle
as normal course of daily activities.